Finance & Leadership
As businesses develop and grow, the complexity of financial challenges grow as well, often bringing the need for new and more senior leadership in the Finance function.
A strong financial leader will encourage you forward when you need to seize the opportunity and put the brakes on when required. They will recognise the needs of the business, the operation, the marketing teams as well as counting the pennies and managing cost. They will keep you focused even when the future is bright as they know the next bump in the road could be just around the corner and the organisation needs to be prepared.
We can offer the benefits of strong financial leadership without the traditional costs and risks: you can get the benefit of knowledge and experience from our experienced group instead of a single hire. We realise that it’s not always the best idea to have permanent staff due to the cost and obligations that come with such hires, a viable solution is to engage the services of an professional with the expertise you require for the length of time you require it. Pinnaklo provides such expertise tailored to suit your requirements.
Engaging a finance leader at any of the following stages of the company growth can give you a competitive advantage. The skills, valuable advice and experience that a finance leader provides can bring your business to the next level.
- Early Growth – As sales and transactions increase, more suppliers, customers, supply chain risks, staff, complexity starts to enter with some financing requirements such as exchange impacts.
- Expanding – When service or product offering expands, it’s time to think about a costing expert, to certify that your products and services are costed correctly and to ensure new product decisions are made with the right information. Profitability opportunities are considered, costs are scrutinised and the management team are challenged on decisions impacting service or product cost.
- Maturing – Investment maybe required when you look to make significant decisions, such as: Sales Model distributor to direct, implementing a Board, international regulations, geographic expansion, IPO, Retirement planning, new site or factory and when selling the business. Expert advice from a seasoned professional is essential when making decisions of that magnitude.
Client Testimonial: Ballymaloe Foods
We engaged Noella’s services to help us strengthen commercially. Over the last 14 months Noella has become an integral part of the team, helping us identify risk and opportunity in the business, redesigning our processes so we can see revenue growth opportunities more clearly whilst increasing profitability.
In March 2020, we as many other Irish indigenous companies were impacted by Covid-19, through Noella’s leadership, calm and organised approach in building a trusting relationship with the senior team and with her leadership strengths and financial aptitude enabled us to make timely and appropriate decisions to get us back on track Noella cares as much about the business success as the owners and has our best interest at heart. Our company is stronger because of Noella’s engagement with Ballymaloe Foods.
Maxine Hyde | General Manager
Client Testimonial: Arema Connect
We have been working with Noella Carroll of Pinnaklo Ltd since 2019, she has assisted us to develop so many areas of our business. Noella has been supporting us to evolve day-to-day activities from employee induction and payroll to management training and indeed multiple other process areas to support our management team.
In the past twelve months when our business like so many others involved remote working, Noella assisted us in enabling remote working procedures and processes. Her strong management advice and support was invaluable during this transition period which also involved the creation and implementation of our remote working policies and connecting with the team from a wellness perspective through various wellness sessions with our team and management which are still ongoing at regular intervals and have become very valuable to our team.
Another project which Noella has been instrumental in, has been in the research, direction, and implementation of a new software platform for our business which will encompass several strong HR processes from the management of team rostering, client reporting and hours for pay and several other employee HR aspects. Noella’s involvement in this project has been huge and in time I have no doubt will be transformative for our business.
From an overall business perspective, I value Noella’s years of experience and knowledge on all aspects of business growth and development, working with Noella has been invaluable and I am looking forward to many more successful projects together.
Pat Keogh | Managing Director
Client Testimonial: M&P O’Sullivan
We first engaged Noella Carroll from Pinnaklo Ltd back in December 2020 as Interim Financial Controller when the previous incumbent retired from the business. Noella through her company Pinnaklo Ltd, has enabled us to take the much-needed time to secure a permanent replacement of Financial Controller for our business.
Noella took us through our financial year end and audit and has been very forthcoming with her experienced advice and guidance on finance and related support areas around process, technology, and organisation structure, recommending added value improvements and changes we could and should make to our business.
Some of the transformative areas that we have now actioned for our business while working with Noella;
- The creation of an investment model to calculate the profitability over 10 years opportunities for growth, this model is now in use by our sales team saving valuable evaluation time in ensuring our focus is where it needs to be on viable opportunities.
- Financial cash controls have been strengthened with a process to investigate deviations.
- The awarding of grant funding to support SME challenges such as Brexit which provided much needed training in customs activity.
- Improvements in the accounts payable payments process and monitoring of cash availability and movement to reduce the time spent on funds management.
- Recommendations on the role of the Financial Controller and where the value add comes from this role versus the technical accountant or administrator roles which fit well for the early stages of the SME development but is not sufficient as the business grows beyond the micro and into the small to medium size organisation
I would have no hesitation in recommending any business with growth plans and those who wish to align their financial support processes and structure to engage with Noella Carroll.
Eoin O’Sullivan | Sales Director
The team in Pinnaklo have worked for many years in different organisations, including Technology, Pharmaceuticals, Textiles, Hospitality and Service Industries, as Financial Controllers, Finance Directors and Managers. Our knowledge spans a wide range of areas. Whatever your businesses area, niche or product, we have the knowledge to help further it. Coming from a family business, an owner managed SME and Corporate environments, we all have reached a point in our careers where we want to share our knowledge and experiences, by adding value to your organisation, to watch the success of your company thrive and grow.
The team at Pinnaklo are value driven – we work to accelerate the company’s learnings and to celebrate your success.
Our Vision is one where businesses can thrive and grow, demonstrating that being an entrepreneur is a career choice, not just something you fall into because you had a bright idea
Our vison is to help businesses of every size and experience achieve their full potential. we believe that with the right tools and drive for success, every business owner and entrepreneur can grow further than they previously had thought.
We think it’s important you have the right advice, and we will uphold a policy of transparency to make sure you are fully informed, in order to make the decision that is right for your business.
It is important to us that you gain strategic value from the information and services we provide, so you are able to continue growing and furthering your business in the future.
We will always use current best practice in the advice and guidance we give you and your team, we want to see you advance to your fullest potential.
Our clients will get the benefit of our continued learning and experience, achievable only through years in many different sectors of business
Blog No 2: March 12th 2021 Reflections on a yet another rollercoaster week for Pinnaklo Ltd On Friday last, as I attended the information session with Network Cork on the upcoming professional awards process for 2021, it became an opportune time for me to look back at...